Sunday, February 6, 2011

no more sassy!

My big girl loves her sassy (pacifier). She asks for it when she doesn't have it and she asks for it with her long list of things she needs with her on the couch. Mama can you get my sassy, my kitty cat, my puppy dog, my pink blanket, my blue blanket and my Dora blanket. No lie she asks me this about 2-3 times a day and more on the weekends. So I wanted to eliminate one of the items from her big ole long list. Hunter tossed his in the trash at his Ma's house a couple weeks before he turned 3 so I am way ahead on Grace. The reason is she is too darn smart and if I don't take it away now she will have it until she is 10 I just know it. I was going to get rid of it before she turned one but the drama in my life wasn't going to happen then. She also is getting a big overbite and she has a big gap between her two teeth always has but seems to be getting bigger. And her dentist said that if she got rid of her pacifier her gap would get smaller and her overbite will to. So she has an appt soon so I better get cracking. She was twitterpatted yesterday to say the least when I told her it was gone. So much that I was about to just toss in the towel and give it to her. Which I did but I gave it to her after I cut the top off. I didn't poke holes in it I just wanted it totally destroyed. She wasn't happy with it and wanted the other piece put back together. By the afternoon she wanted to piece found still and we were in the car and I had told her that the other piece must have been eaten by Misha or Kramer. She kept saying that they had to give it back to her and that she would look in their mouths. Hunter kept telling her that was a no we don't put our hands in their mouths they could bite us. Totally got that from me! She didn't go down well at all for her nap but after an hour or longer she finally lost the battle and feel asleep on my bed. She went to bed great that night and woke up asking for her sassy with the long list of other items. I told her it was gone she had a mini breakdown and I got the broken sassy and she didn't want it and hasn't asked for it since. :)

1 comment:

Mom said...

she is such a character!!! Good job on getting rid of the sassy!