Thursday, May 19, 2011

paying off debt isn't fun...

but in the long run it is totally worth it! I have myself on the $200 to $20 bucks plan. Aka the 200/20 plan. I am on week 3 of this plan and it seems to be working but I still don't like it but I am trying not to complain cause it is totally worth it. I am on my last "big" credit debt that I am trying to get rid of then I just owe one more thing to someone and then all I have is student loans and then I am good. I am not going to stress about the student loans though. So my plan consist of paying off $200 dollars a week on my last big debt until it is paid off and allowing myself $20 cash each week to spend on me for coffee and lunches or whatever comes my way for me or if I have to my kiddos. Yep, every week I am going to do this. Doesn't sound like much but it totally is. That is $800 toward debt a month for a 4 week month and $1000 for a 5 week month and that isn't money I can spend it is money I have to give to the debt I have made. Total sacrifice but worth it in the end I keep telling myself. I so want so much right now for me and the house but I know and have learned that getting out of debt is more important than my wants right now. If I look at what I have done a year ago today I have paid off 3 big debts that were over $5,000 and bought furniture for my bedroom with cash or gift cards, kids room is totally redone and paid for by cash, pantry room redone and stocking up on food with coupons. I would say that I can keep at my new goal and realize I am alot better now than I was a year ago :) My next venture is a new couch and recycliner for the living room. Gonna save and budget for that but super excited to get something the kids and Larry and I can lounge on and veg on and enjoy and know that it is something I picked out and not a hand me down I have had for 10 years that the kids have pucked on and the cats have ruined. Gonna be cool let me tell you when I figure out which ones to get :) So there you go my 200/20 plan. It will take me tell Christmas to finish my goal but well worth it. My kids and me will just have to wait for new toys and new fun stuff until I get out of debt but that is less than a year away :)

No comments: