Happy Memorial Day! I was trying to sleep in this am but my lovely Grace is an early bird and even when both kids woke up I still wanted to sleep and I tried but it didn't work. I was so lazy this morning I kept going to my bed to go back to sleep I think I was bummed that I was doing this long 4 day weekend by myself and with the kids being grumpy every day and tons of housework it got to me. I finally got my motivation at 11:00am and went to Fred Meyer to see if they had the game Hunter wanted to buy. They did and I was trying to think of how to teach the kids about Memorial day without taking them to a cemetery. I deal with death all the time at work and didn't want to go there. My Buddy loves American flags he gets it from Preschool and learning about them. So I used the food route in teaching my kiddos. I bought them cheap little flags and Buddy bought his favorite oreo's in flag colors with his money he got from graduating Preschool and I got them a new kind of Popsicles fire cracker kind but told them it was Flag colors. It worked they listened while they ate their popsicles after nap and then we had the cookies before bed. They both didn't remember much of what I told them when I gave them the popsicles. I asked Grace what Memorial day was and she said flag popsicles and Buddy said every state has a flag so I made sure we went over it again as they ate the red and blue Oreo cookies and made Hunter repeat what I said so it would hopefully sink in. They might not get it this year but hopefully they will get what this day means sometime in the future.
Grace my wanna be Preschooler amazes me everyday. She colors way better then her brother and does a great job staying in the lines for a 3 year old! I finally got her to use all the colors in the rainbow on her pictures instead of just pink. She concentrates so hard on coloring pictures it is pretty cute.
I have a feeling she is going to breeze through Preschool and she has to do it for 2 years. She can spell her name it isn't perfect by all means but she can do it and she can draw a cat face and she can write alot of her alphabet. Her brother is her inspiration and she is trying to catch up to him. Her and I butted heads alot this 4 day weekend but in the end I love her more than life and I can't believe how much she has grown and wish she wouldn't try to catch up to Hunter cause she is my baby and I am not ready for her to be big like Hunter I can't keep up with him as it is. But she makes me proud with how she can talk, write, color, and just be her cause she is pretty stinking cute when she is just her.
No comments:
Post a Comment