Here is a picture of both of the new crabs.
Can you tell which one is Hunter's? He/she can climb up on the hut and no crab has ever ventured up on it! Grace's new one is eating Cheerios and Grace's old one is the green one on the left that is tiny and looking out at the new ones. It is fun to watch the new crabs cause they are out and about but at the end of the day Hunter's big kauna was in the hut and Grace's new pink one found her/his way into it too! I would love to name Hunter's Bad Ass but that would not be good to have him say but I seriously think he is!
Wednesday, May 30, 2012
:: new crabs ::
We have two hermit crabs! We got our first hermit crabs when Hunter earned them when he was able to not pee in his bed a couple years ago and Grace got to pick one too. Well Hunter picked a huge one and Grace picked a tiny one. I have kept them alive this whole time except last week. Hunter's decided to take a drink and emerged himself/herself in the water bowl and I have no clue how long he/she was in it but was cold and alive but I think when I took her/him out she got too much water in her shell and died. I waited a week to take her/him out of the crab world and it smelled to much like fish so I think it died at least I hope it did it didn't move when I took it out. If it is still alive I will feel really, really bad. So the kids and I went to the pet store today one where we have never gotten hermit crabs before. I had finally told Hunter on the way to the store that his crab died and he was actually cool with it cause he asked if it went to stay with Jesus and I said yes, thank goodness for Preschool!, and he said ok mom I can get another and of course Miss G wanted one too! So we went and oh my goodness this pet store had huge hermit crabs! Last time Hunter got a big one this time he got a huge crab! I had asked the girl about the size of them since Grace's current crab was small and she said it would be ok but once I got both these crabs home I feel so bad for Grace's old, small crab! Hunter's crab is so huge! He picked out a crab that had an American flag as a shell he has been so about flags lately! Grace picked a new pink one and it is big but not as big as Hunter's! His was all over the tank and we are so used to crabs that hide and hibernate all the time in the tank. Hunter's new one was climbing all over Grace's old one that it had to come out of its shell to see what in the world was going on! So the new crabs are making it be more active!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment