Friday, June 22, 2012

:: my little chess master ::

My Buddy is 5 and he knows how to play chess!  How does he know?  He just learned, I think a week ago, on my mom's Kindle.  He has tried to figure it all out a couple months ago on the computer but it didn't click now he gets it.  He is really good.  He knows the names of the pieces and he knows which way they go.  He amazes me.  He can only beat my mom's Kindle so far. Gramps beat him today and it was a big deal to him I came to my mom's after work and he was so upset that he got beat but it sounded like a great game.  I told Larry a couple days ago he knew how to play chess and if we should get him his own chess game but Larry wasn't sure.  So far it has all been on computer and Kindles.  I think Larry was still unsure Hunter knew how to play. So tonight Larry found a website where he can play chess with Hunter long distance and it was game on.  Hunter was so excited.  We even skyped with Larry but didn't do the video feed at the same time we will try that next time.  I think Larry was very impressed with Buddy.  The game lasted over an hour and Buddy took Larry's Queen first and it was game on. There was alot of silence on Larry's end I could tell he was trying to win and trying to figure out how to.  Larry told Hunter that Hunter did moves he didn't even see coming.  In the end Buddy lost but it was a good time and he wasn't upset about the loss.  I am just so amazed how smart my Buddy is and that he picked up chess so fast.  I think this is just what Hunter and Larry needed since Larry is away and Hunter only likes to Facetime with him sometimes this is a way they can interact while Larry is away for more then 5 minutes. Good bounding time I think God is trying to show us something. :)  So I have a little chess master in my house he might not win but he will give you a run for your money and he is only 5, crazy!

1 comment:

Mom said...

He got me in two stalemates and was helping me along the way with moves. He is one sharp kiddo! So glad that papa and son have this between them, they are creating wonderful memories.