The fun part about having kids in school is helping them get ready for all the fun things I remember doing in school myself. Valentine's Day for me is one of the most fun memories of school. The kids have Valentine's day cards to give to their classmates and I can't wait to sit down with them and do them for the next few days! I have a fun thing for them to do (hopefully it works) and it was fun doing cards with Hunter last year because he did them all himself and it took awhile cause he had to think which card he wanted to give to who but it was super cute! When I went to get dude's cards for this year and get the candy and bags to go with them I realized I had totally forgot to get them something for Valentine's day! Then I thought I didn't do anything last year for them also but I must have I just can't remember what it was. So I went and had some fun with this yesterday during my lunch break. I wanted to get them something fun that they both liked and I came up with jelly beans, a new book, and a fun magazine. Today while both whomps are at school I went to town with their gifts! I realized I didn't get a bag to put them in cause I looked at Fred Meyers and they were too much to get a big one and I didn't have time to go to the Dollar store so I remembered that I used all my eco friendly bags at Trader Joe's and had to get all the rest of my food in paper bags. I had used one of them to put Grace's share in for this morning and I thought why not it is big enough and it was red. I used Grace's stickers (hope she doesn't mind) and I know she will totally realize they are hers! I had bought a new cereal to try out with Grace and it was in the pantry and I added that to her gift and I have a special valentine's idea for their teachers that I bought a 2 pack of Lucky charms for that project and I had one left over so Buddy gets that one and not sure if he will eat it but why not see and give him a treat. Add a sucker that they will be giving to their classmates since my whomps love suckers. So there you go! My cheesy Valentine's day gift to my whomps and using what I had at home and what I bought at the store. I think it will make them laugh when they see the bags and it is from their favorite store! Don't tell them what they are getting it is a secret just had to share cause I am so excited! :)
1 comment:
so cool and creative! don't forget the sticks I got some time ago for Grace's class--she picked them out. Love the TJ bags--I hate giving bags that end up in the trash, that is why I give tote bags :)
Post a Comment