I thought I would post about one whomp at a time about their Valentine's day experience. Grace is first and I will post about Hunter's tomorrow! My lovely, big girl Grace what can I say about her first official big girl Preschool Valentine's day? One word....excited. Make that two words...super excited!! This girl did all 16 of her Valentine's cards in one afternoon! She even got suckers in each bag and wrote out each kiddos name and her name she was all business and put them in her new Perry bag she got at Subway and was set for this day to come. She was all done last Saturday. This girl was on a mission and completed it. Sounds so like me this girl and a girl after my own heart. Sigh. Sorry, lost myself there for a memento. She knew she had 2 more sleeps until today and she was a chatty Cathy each night and I am so horrible I kept threatening her V-day gift from me and her papa to go to someone else that she was so quiet after that. My bad I know but I knew it would work and it did the only draw back was last night she woke up at 4:30am and 6:00am wondering if it was time to wake up cause she was so excited to see what she got from us for Valentine's day! I learned my lesson don't threaten to give something to someone when they go to bed once they wake up they are ready for it. Word to the wise. Both kids woke up before my sleep in alarm because I have the day off and we can sleep in a good hour so I made sure Hunter was dressed (since he sleeps in his underoos) and I put their V-day gifts in front of them on the table. They didn't even notice that they were in TJ bags all they cared about is what they got and they were smiles about all they got! Whoo Hoo score! Hunter read his new book before he went to school and both kids ate their new cereals.
I have been taking Misha EVERYWHERE with us since she has figured out the catio ( I haven't even posted about that) and I think she is liking it too much but I don't want her to get hurt with the catio so she is a tag a long and goes to my mom's when I am at work until Larry gets home to fix the catio. This morning I was lazy and didn't harness her up in her car seat in the bag of the van. I will post about Hunter's morning but I went to his first after dropping of the kids at school and then went to Grace's Valentine's party at the end of her school day. It was so fun! When I dropped her off I got to help her put all her Valentine's bag's in each of her classmate's bags. I didn't do this last year for Hunter and I don't know why maybe I was just out of it and didn't realize I was supposed to? But it was so fun with Grace cause she wouldn't let me help her at all! It was all her! I think it took us a great 10 minutes to get her Perry bag empty of her cards and put in the right bags at school. I wasn't allowed to touch any of her cards or put them in her classmates bags. Good to know, right! She was so in her element! She loves to be organized and in charge like me I just let her do her thing and if she needed my help I was so there. Once her Perry bag was empty I gave her a hug and sent her off to class and went to Hunter's and came back an hour later and she was all smiles that I was there. We got to have water and cupcakes together and go check out what she got in her bag from all her classmates. Super fun to sit on the floor and see the joy on her face of who gave her what. She still isn't a fan of the boys in her class but she sure likes the girls :). I also got to see her share her "R" share which was a stuffed Rabbit. Super cute! And her teacher had them do an ants in their pants song and dance for all of us. Super, uber cute!
Here is a picture of her eating one of her candies from a classmate and Misha in Hunter's car seat. Surely not where she is supposed to be but you just gotta laugh and realize it is V-day and make everyone happy. :)
I had an amazing day with my whomps at their school and I am so blessed to have had my day off to hang out with them both at their schools to see them and have fun with them!
We got to veg at home for a couple of hours before hockey practice and I was doing laundry and I know my Lucy loves my whomps room. I didn't see her in her usual spot on either Hunter's bed or at the end of Grace's so I thought well she must be in the catio. After another load of laundry I came back in to the whomps room since it is on the way to the laundry room and I saw Lucy...
She was in Grace's bed on her pillow cozy with a bunch of stuffies and blankets nice and snug as a bug in a rug. She loves my whomps cause she loves their stuff and the scent of them.
Hunter did amazing in hockey lessons today! The parents of his buddies even told me he did so good. He had energy and he was having fun. I told him he did 150 % today and he was happy with that. The only downside is his sister who always gets to him before me got hit in her eye with the back of his stick and I didn't see it but we almost went to the urgent care but all is well and she is fine. I swear I should put Grace in hockey with the amount of close calls she has had and she is the only one that has had stitches yet!
Happy almost done with Valentine's day everyone! Mine was fun with just being a mom and being able to hang out with my whomps at both of their schools. Truly amazing and so much fun!
1 comment:
so glad that you had a blast with both of them today! They loved having mama there! You made their Valentines Day super! love, mom
Post a Comment